Are you struggling with dry and frizzy hair? Here are three DIY hair mask options to nourish your locks and restore shine.
Winters can play havoc on your hair. Reduced moisture in the air, cold winds, hot showers, and several other factors make your hair dry and frizzy and lead to hair issues like split ends, hair fall, dandruff, and itchy scalp.
Wondering how to tackle these issues? You can easily revive your hair with some TLC and a nourishing DIY hair mask. Here are some hydrating protein hair mask options that will make your hair healthy and lustrous:
- Avocado and yoghurt protein hair mask
Since your hair is composed of the protein keratin, it needs protein both on the inside and outside. This simple DIY hair mask can provide much-needed protein to your hair and prevent breakage. Avocados include proteins and vitamins that nourish and soften hair. They are also packed with minerals that help seal the cuticle. Honey contains keratin, which helps to fortify hair and prevent breakage brought on by brittle, damaged hair.
- 1 egg
- Half an avocado
- 1 tablespoon of Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Mash half an avocado in a bowl and make sure there are no lumps. Then add one egg, greek yoghurt and some honey. Mix well.
- Apply this protein hair mask to freshly washed hair.
- After 30 minutes, rinse it thoroughly.
- Almond oil and egg yolk protein hair mask
If your locks are in need of some serious hydration, you must try this nourishing DIY hair mask. Applying egg yolk to your scalp can infuse the roots of your hair with vitamins A and E, biotin, and folate, among other nutrients that have been associated with healthy hair and hair growth. Egg also provides much-needed protein to your hair, while honey conditions your tresses and locks in moisture. The almond oil in this DIY hair mask makes your hair softer and more manageable. Here’s how to make this protein hair mask:
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon almond oil
- In a bowl, combine the egg yolk, honey, and a tablespoon of almond oil. Whisk them together thoroughly.
- Apply this DIY mask to your hair evenly and let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash your hair as usual.
- Gelatin protein hair mask
Did you know that gelatin is a protein that offers incredible hair benefits? Gelatin forms a bond with your hair, strengthening it and giving it a glossy finish. Here is a simple gelatin protein hair mask recipe that can instantly revive your hair. You can double this recipe if you have super long or thick hair.
- 2 tablespoons of powdered gelatin or half a packet of gelatin
- 2 tablespoons of milk or water
- 2 tablespoons hair conditioner (skip this if you have oily hair)
- 2-3 drops of rosemary essential oil
- Take hot water or warm milk in a bowl. Whisk in gelatin. Let this mixture sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the conditioner and rosemary essential oil. The mixture should resemble a thick gel.
- Comb this DIY hair mask into damp hair from roots to ends. If the paste is too thick, add some milk or water to adjust the consistency.
- Then, wrap your hair in a towel. Let hair dry for 30-40 minutes.
- Follow up with shampoo after rinsing hair in the shower.
Do you want more DIY hair mask options? Schedule a consultation with me. Click here.