We’ve all faced stretch marks at one time or the other. While most women are left with stretch post pregnancy, you may have faced them earlier if you have lost or gained weight suddenly. So what are they, exactly?
Stretch marks are actually scars caused by tearing of the elastin and collagen fibres due to hormonal changes.
The most common areas to get stretch marks are:Abdomen
Tips To Treat & Avoid Stretch Marks
- Try to gain and loose weight steadily, this will help you avoid stretch marks and tearing of the skin in general.
- Keep up your hydration: drink lots of water, juices and regularly massage your stomach, back, thighs and legs with oils, shea butter, avocado oils and more at least twice a day.
- You may be genetically prone to stretch marks. Yes, if your mom and grandmom have had stretch marks, there are higher chances of you getting them.
- Try to stimulate collagen by ingesting antioxidants and vitamin E.
Types Of Stretch Marks
- Red or purplish stretch marks: If you’ve just started to gain or lose weight, you may see red or purplish hued stretch marks. At this point in the life cycle of a stretch mark, they are called striae rubra. These are easier to treat with topical creams.
- Silver stretch marks: At this point, they are known as striae alba. These have been around for a while and are harder to treat topically. You can fade their appearance by up to 60-70%.
View this post on Instagram
Pregnancy is a time for celebrations but comes with the need for mothers to care for their skin. If you are worried about stretch marks, ISAAC has the solution. For consultation, call : +91-9266601582. For more information : http://isaac-wellness.com/ #ISAAC #Pregnancy #Skincare #Beauty #StretchMarks #Delhi #Ncr
Topical Treatments For Stretch Marks
If you’re not lactating, a retinoid cream will help fake red or pink coloured stretch marks. Retinol works by trying to stimulate collagen production. You can buy OTC retinol creams or suggest the advice of a dermatologist too.
View this post on Instagram
A little drop goes a long way! ? Add just a few drops of Bio-Oil to your daily skincare routine to leave your skin feeling fresh and hydrated. Its unique ingredient, PurCellin Oil™, makes it easily absorbed into the skin so the lavender, chamomile, rosemary, calendula and vitamins can get to work as quickly as possible. Do you enjoy using Bio-Oil in your skincare routine? #skincare #skincaretips #skincareroutine #BioOil #BioOilUk #beauty #beautyregime #beautysecret #hydratingskincare #healthyskin #chamomile #lavender #calendula #rosemary #VitaminA #VitaminE #essentialslondon #essentialslondondrurylane
Non-invasive Treatments For Stretch Marks
At ISAAC Luxe, we choose a three method approach includes laser treatment as well a combination of PRP and microneedling.
Fractional Laser Treatment For Stretch Marks
A non-invasive treatment, fractional laser treatment works at both the epidermal and dermal layers of the skin. This laser emits a non-ablative 1550-nm wavelength that has proven to reduce pigmentation with time. While the procedure is non-invasive and painless, you may see a bit of redness immediately after.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) For Stretch Marks
Not just good to stimulate hair growth, platelet rich plasma is also proven beneficial to reduce the appearance of stretch marks. Again, we inject plasma into the areas with stretch marks with the help of micro needles.
Patients at my clinic, ISAAC Luxe, see a change in 4-6 months.
Thanks for reading!