When you think of washing your face: you think what’s the big deal?It’s almost second nature to us! However, it’s possible you could be making mistakes that are preventing your skin from looking its most fabulous self. From using the wrong face wash in your skin care routine to skipping nighttime face washing. Keep reading to find out what the most common face-washing mistakes that you should be avoiding.
1. You don’t wash your hands. This is a giveaway but one of the most common mistakes. In times when we’re battling Coronavirus, washing your hands diligently is the most essential part of your daily routine. Wash your hands for 20 seconds before touching your face.
2. You may be choosing a wrong cleanser for your skin. If you have dry skin, you need a creamy cleanser whereas if you have oily skin, you should make most of a salicylic acid based cleanser.
3. You wash your face with hot water. This is a no-no unless you’re removing stubborn eye makeup. Cleanse your face with tepid to cold water.
4. You don’t double cleanse your face! Double cleansing with micellar water/oil-based cleanser followed by a facewash is able to deep clean your face. .
5. You don’t let products sit long enough. If you’re using a foam-based cleanser, your face need to be wet before you massage it over your face for at least 30 seconds.
6. You overexfoliate your face. Use an AHA-BHA-PHA based exfoliant or toner and use it upto 2 times a week. You don’t need to exfoliate more than that.
7. Using a dirty/abrasive towel to wipe your skin. Use a soft, clean cloth to wipe your face.
8. You use face wipes and leave it at that. Face wipes are a great alternative for when you don’t have access to water and soap but cannot be replaced with a facial cleanser.
9. You don’t tone & moisturise immediately. While your face is damp, use your toner followed by a hydrating moisturiser.